by Rob Gaston
Once May hits, the world of Dig IN, Inc is a roller coaster ride. Although we begin conversations and committees earlier every year, the bulk of the planning for the Taste of Indiana is in May, June, July and August. And during that time, we have a great opportunity for young minds to learn and contribute to the biggest local food event in the state.
Following is an opportunity to work with our team; please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
Event Planning and Logistics Intern for Dig IN, a Taste of Indiana
Dig IN, a Taste of Indiana is in its 7th year as Indiana’s premiere farm to fork festival. Interns will interact with board and committee members who represent breweries, restaurants and chefs, agricultural organizations, and most of the leaders in the local food movement. You will gain personal and hands on experience bringing to life a major event, involving thousands of patrons, over 70 vendors, dozens of contractors and supporting agencies, and a vast team of volunteers.
- Assist operations director in filing applications and obtaining permits with the city, state, and regulatory agencies.
- Research past notes, invoices, and services to advise on best courses of action pertaining to planning the current event.
- Establish communication with 3rd party vendors and contractors, fill out applications and paperwork, attend and schedule meetings with contractors.
- Attend meetings of the board, event committee, and creative firm.
- Other desired activities that relate to the interests and experience of intern
- Fully available for Dig IN events including i3 and the Taste of Indiana. Must be available to work August 26th-28th during the morning and afternoon hours.
- The ability to work independently with appropriate direction and guidance, adhering to deadlines of the organization and outside agencies.
- Attention to detail, organization, and ability to record information.
- The ability to communicate clearly in speech and in writing.
- High personal standards and desire to work with a quality organization.
Apply directly at email@example.com